Junior Technical Support
$10 – $16 an hour
Full-time or Part-time
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
Full Job Description
- Provide technical support and product training to customers and distributors (via phone, email, and chatting through the support system built into the website)
- Assist in the intake, processing, repair, and return of problematic products
- Work with the engineering team to solve customer application questions
- Communicate with the quality supervisor regarding issues related to quality control
- Affect changes to technical information on the company website
- Help customers define their technical requirements and identify suitable Lascar products
- Represent Lascar in a professional manner at all times
- Carry out any other general duties, commensurate with the nature of the role, that may be required from time to time
The IT Specialist Junior will install, configure, service, repair, and maintain Information Technology (IT) systems in both a stand-alone and client-server environment, including Microsoft (MS) server, Defense Message Systems (DMS), and other authorized IT systems as well as hardware and software for network services, storage networking devices, and servers. Integrate multiple Information Systems (IS) in a networked environment. Other duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Evaluate and resolve customer IT problems.
- Effect required hardware upgrades and repair to maintain mission capability.
- Install and configure wireless hubs, routers, switches, and various transmission media, server hardware, and software, and ensure the proper installation and configuration of workstation hardware and software for efficient operation on the network.
- Install, optimize, and troubleshoot Local Area networks (LAN) and Base Area Networks (BAN). Experience with Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6), Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP), Border Gateway Protocol (BGP), Virtual Local Area Networks (VLANs), Virtual Private Networks (VPNs), and Network Address Translation (NAT).
- High school diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED) and 2 years of relevant experience
- US Citizenship with an active DOD Secret security clearance
- Must possess an Information Assurance Technician (IAT) Level II and a Microsoft Fundamental Certificate
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Prefer candidates with a technical, computer, electronics, or IT background
- Positive customer-focused attitude
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Strong numerical and general computer skills – Microsoft Office, etc.
- Ability to perform a variety of tasks associated with a small company
- Clean driving license